Bob Johnson, Founder and Chairman of The RLJ Companies, today announced the launch of www.ClubCharity.com, the premier online charity auction site destined to fast become the online resource for corporate and celebrity charitable giving.
ClubCharity.com, which was created in affiliation with CharityBids, an online auction site renowned for its global non-profit fund raising and expertise, is an opportunity to use the technology of the Internet to create a venue for those of us who are more fortunate to help those less fortunate. The idea behind ClubCharity is to create a unique online philanthropic website where celebrities and other charity-minded individuals or corporations can give back and help those in need. All proceeds collected through the online auction site will be donated to worthwhile causes.
"As founder of Black Entertainment Television (BET) and now chairman of The RLJ Companies, I have had a wonderful experience over the years working with corporations as well as celebrities to support many charitable endeavors," said Johnson. "Ideally, my vision for ClubCharity is to be a major part of charitable giving. We have garnered the participation and generous support of many well known celebrities and sports figures, who have donated personalized items or experiences so their fans can bid on and enjoy all while helping support the charity of the celebrity's choice," he concluded.
On the corporate giving side, the charitable website will ultimately create value for consumers and companies that are making their products and services available. In an effort to brand corporate identities, companies regularly donate items representative of their brand or the products they manufacture, often times in lieu of cash donations. Such branded products will also be available to bidders through the site, with proceeds benefiting the designated foundation or charity selected by the company.
Johnson himself has donated for auction a stay at his private villa located off the coast of Anguilla. Celebrity items that were donated to the site include:
* BET, tickets to the 2010 BET Awards Show
* Beyoncé, tickets to her "Sasha Fierce" concert in London
* Michael Jordan, personalized Chicago Bulls #23 Jersey; authentic autographed NBA basketball; custom made commemorative leather jacket for his 2009 Hall of Fame induction; and a personalized copy of Michael Jordan's book, Driven From Within
* Tiger Woods, personally signed pin flag from his momentous win at the 2008 U.S. Open at Torrey Pines
* Emmitt Smith, autographed Reebok Dallas Cowboys #22 Jersey; authentic autographed NFL football; autographed Riddell Dallas Cowboys Helmet
* Roger Federer, match-worn shirt from the 2009 ATP World Tour Masters 1000
* Boxer Mike Spinks Jinx, autographed boxing gloves
* Denzel Washington, an autographed copy of his book A Hand to Guide Me
* Morgan Freeman, two tickets to the Los Angeles premiere of his new film "Invictus" and a personal meet and greet with the actor
* Judge Greg Mathis, two tickets to the Judge Mathis Show, personal meet and greet with Judge Mathis and round trip flight and hotel accommodations
* James Ingram, a music experience
* Joe Frazier, autographed boxing gloves
About The RLJ Companies:
The RLJ Companies, founded by Robert L. Johnson is a diverse portfolio of companies in the financial services and asset management; sports and entertainment; real estate; automotive, and gaming industries. The RLJ Companies is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, with operations in Charlotte, NC; Little Rock, AR; Los Angeles, CA; Orlando & Ft. Lauderdale, FL; San Juan, PR and Monrovia, Liberia.
ClubCharity.com is the premier online charity auction website created by Bob Johnson, founder and chairman of The RLJ Companies in affiliation with CharityBids, an online auction site renowned for its global non-profit fund raising and expertise. ClubCharity is an online philanthropic website as well as a resource for entrepreneurs, shoppers, and fans to find collectibles, exciting experiences, and other personalized novelties for the sole purpose of giving back and helping those in need.
CharityBids is a turnkey online auction platform exclusively for non-profit fund raising. CharityBids guides its non-profit affiliates through every stage of the auction process and enables them to extend their reach to new supporters outside of their respective communities. By joining CharityBids, non-profit organizations gain infinite exposure to the world at large, which ultimately results in increased financial support from newfound sources.