Sunday, August 23, 2009

Swollen Members Leak The New Song 'Warrior' From Upcoming LP Armed To The Teeth

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Swollen Members Leak The New Song ‘Warrior’ Online

Swollen Members Overcome Drug Addiction, Legal Problems and Labels Collapsing To Record New Album “Armed To The Teeth” Featuring La Coka Nostra, Talib Kweli, and Tech N9NE.

Swollen Members have leaked the new track “Warrior” online at www.MySpace.com/SwollenMembers from their upcoming new album “Armed To The Teeth” which lands in stores October 13th, 2009 through Suburban Noize and Battle Axe Records. 



"It's been a crazy few years for not only me, but also Swollen. I was in a very bad state for the last three years; drugs and an abusive lifestyle had gotten the best of me. I was severely addicted to Oxycontin, doing just over twenty 80mg pills a day, which equals the strength of about 320 Percocet pills. I became public enemy #1 with the cops due to my association with Hell's Angels and other clubs and was under constant surveillance with wire taps, etc. There was a time when I couldn't leave my house without being confronted by the cops. At least 3 or 4 police vehicles would show up every time I left the house," says Mad Child. "And with a diet of two quarts of ice cream a night, I gained a lot of weight and slipped into a very dark place. I was basically living in my theater room for the last two years and spent over half a million dollars on pills. I wasn't paying attention to my business affairs either so I lost two million dollars over the course of my addiction. I went from living the high life with girls, money and parties to watching movies in my theatre and being a zombie with only my dogs to keep me company. What I now realize is that I put the lives of many people on hold during my addiction. There are a lot of people that count on me and I know I let them down. Thank God I have a studio in my house and an amazing group who never abandoned me. The only good thing that came out of the last three years is the album we are about to drop."

While Swollen Members may have enjoyed a successful career as one of the premier groups’ in underground hip-hop, but when it came time to record their sixth studio album, they were forced to confront the skeletons that had been hiding in their closet. During the time the group’s new album “Armed To The Teeth” was taking shape, Mad Child was struggling with drug addiction, Swollen Members’ record label had collapsed, he was embroiled in legal battles and his association with outlaw motorcycle clubs provoked police to swarm his house in full riot gear. With a desire to consistently raise the bar within the hip-hop genre, Mad Child and Prevail were inspired to beat back personal demons and concentrate on creating the most powerful musical statement of their career. Revitalized, focused and stronger than ever, Swollen Members are armed and ready for war. Swollen Members heavily anticipated new studio album, "Armed To The Teeth”, features guest appearances La Coka Nostra, Talib Kweli and Tech N9NE.

CATCH SWOLLEN MEMBERS LIVE:
Sept 06 -
SEATTLE, WA @ BUMBERSHOOT
Sept 18 -
PORTLAND, OR @ Hawthorne / NW Fest


 


DL Link to Swollen Members “Warrior”: http://www.zshare.net/audio/64407497349eb594/


www.MySpace.com/SwollenMembers


 

No comments: