Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Diva of Christ Writes New Book, 'Poetry from the Spirit'

DIVA OF CHRIST FELICIA PHILLIPS WRITES NEW BOOK -- POETRY FROM THE SPIRIT WITH POEMS TO HEAL THE SOUL

 
Felicia Phillips

McDonough, GA (BlackNews.com) - Holy Fire Publishing (www.christianpublish.com) releases Poetry from the Spirit (Hardcover, US $19.99, ISBN: 978-1-60383-166-6). Felicia Phillips writes spiritual poetry to slay present-day Goliaths and to heal the soul.

"Like David, I want to be a poet warrior, to have a strong mind, and to be a writer for God. I want to defeat the present Goliaths with free verses from the heart," said Felicia Phillips.

Phillips writes, "Poetry is a code that only the spirit can break. A poem is like a proverb, a wise saying. God exposes this code and expresses it in the five poetic books in the Bible. She desires that Poetry from the Spirit be an inspired outline for beginning your destination...the conclusion will be up to you."

Felicia Phillips turns to Proverbs for wisdom for her daily Christian walk, the inspiration for Poetry from the Spirit. "The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord" (20:27), "He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls" (25:28), and "Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you" (1:23). "Collectively," she writes, "this book of poetry was healing for me. The words contained within were medicine for me and helped to heal my broken soul. The poetry describes my relationship with the Lord, and the poems I have written the Lord placed in my heart to share with others...a book of spiritual guidance for believers in Christ."

Phillips writes that her poem, "Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I Am Yours, God", emphasizes in particular, "How we all have a distinct footprint when we were created by God. Our life is in his almighty hands and he orders our steps."

My book was registered in heaven before I was born / It was signed and sealed with the deeds on my life / I was given the keys to unchain eternal existence / To unlock the resources that will give me the power / All the pages will be published and set free / This is one book of illustrations that all must see (excerpt)

"This poem echoes how the hand of God purged my soul to produce these inspiring words, and, that no matter what we do God has a distinct way of bringing to fruition his plan for our lives. Thus, the poems in Poetry from the Spirit are signed, sealed and delivered to you, through me, and inspired by the hand of God," said Phillips.

Felicia Phillips, 35, is "a highly favored child of God", and mother of two children, Tierra and Kelechi. She attends Tabernacle of Praise Church International in McDonough, Ga. She desires to write about God and the Son of God, and inspire others with her spiritual poetry. Check for speaking engagements and book signings at: www.myspace.com/fefe919 or www.feliciaphillips.vpweb.com

Holy Fire Publishing (www.christianpublish.com), publisher of hundreds of Christian books, helps Christian authors reach the world through the printed word.

No comments: