Naledge, 1/2 of the hip-hop group Kidz In The Hall, is readying his mix CD masterpiece, "Chicago Picasso." Crafted on the streets of the CHI, and encompassing his storied journey over the past couple of years as Naledge helped establish the brand of Kidz In The Hall, he unveils a unique perspective to his hometown. "I wanted to show all aspects of Chicago, not just one sound. For a long time we've seen a specific side of Chicago Rap, but this mix cd provides new perspective."
"Chicago Picasso" contains 20 original tracks by Naledge featuring appearances by Bun B, Chip Tha Ripper, Jay Electronica, Mickey Factz, Mick Luter, Rhymefest, Carlita Durand, Curren$y, J Ivy, Russoul, Doe Boy, GLC & Fooch.
Naledge explains "the point of the mixtape was to open the vault and let the fans in on the wealth of solo material that I have recorded. I look at this mixtape more as a collection of art that I have made over time. Each song is its own original statement and with the help of Timbuck2 and RTC we have made the thoughts behind each of the songs more cohesive."
Naledge goes on to describe collaborations on the Mix CD that truly hit home; "I have worked with some of the most creative people in my city, many of which I have known since childhood and that made this project all that more personal. That includes visual artists, poets, singers and emcees. People included in this proect who aren't from Chicago were either from my time living in St. Louis, or they were people I met recording Kidz In The Hall's "In Crowd" in New York City."
Production on the album includes music by: Double-O, Tha Bizness, Picnic Tyme, Sa Ra Creative Partners, FDNY, Xcel, Analogic, Black Spade, SC, MStacks, Nez & Rio.
Chicago Picasso, with its blended transitions from song to song, flows effortlessly. Naledge proclaims "I wouldn't call this a mixtape so much as an exhibit...hence the name Chicago Picasso. The same way Pablo Picasso created a commissioned statue that has sat downtown in Chicago for years of interpretation; I want this mixtape to float the same way."
Download & Share "Star Struck" featuring Rus Soul By Clicking On The Link Below:
tinyurl link: http://tinyurl.com/c5fagl
Tracklisting and Credits for Naledge’s “Chicago Picasso”:
1) “Intro/Some Shit That I Wrote” with DJ Timbuck2
2) “In My Own World” f/ Fooch & Mick Luter (produced by Picnic Tyme)
3) “Standing On Sofas” f/ Chip Tha Ripper (produced by FDNY)
4) “Focus” f/ Rhymefest (produced by Xcel)
5) “Southside Sh*t” f/ Fooch & GLC (produced by Analogic)
6) “Cleveland Freestyle” (produced by Double-O)
7) “Lovin' My Life” (produced by Black Spade)
8) “Cool Relax” f/ Jay Electronica (produced by Double-O)
9) “Viva El Fantastico” f/ Mickey Factz (produced by Nez & Rio)
10) “Round and Round” (produced by Picnictyme)
11) “It Is What It Is” Part 1 (produced by Ammo)
12) “The Beat Goes On” f/ Carlita Durand (produced by Black Spade)
13) “Blessed By God” f/ A. Pinks (Produced by Analogic)
14) “I Don't Even Know You” Freestyle (produced by SC)
15) “Lifestyles Of The Rich And Famous” (produced by Nez and Rio)
16) “Star Struck” f/ Rus Soul (produced by Sa-Ra Creative Partners)
17) “Crazy” (produced by Tha Bizness)
18) “Brother's Keeper” f/ Vic Spencer
19) “Futuristic Sh*t” f/ Vandylism (produced by Nez & Rio)
20) “Look At Them Hips” (remix) f/ Doe Boy, Bun B, & Curren$y (produced by MStacks)