Sunday, May 10, 2009

Family Portrait- Tek (Smif N Wessun)


Discover Simple, Private Sharing at Drop.io






Dear Mama;



You know my heart never left home

Even though that I'm grown with a child of my own now

Mama, Im still your baby boy

And I ain't have no toys

You're what gave me joy

Ma-you really played your part well

From infant to manhood

from school to jail

And then when my pamper was soiled

Number 13 out of 15 kids, I can't be spoiled

This is just words of encouragement

To my guardian angel, that was heaven sent

Ma-  I remember you and papa fights

Banging round at night

You sayin I gotta get right



And how you worked on your sick bed

Crocheting, making blankets & bedspreads

In the kitchen slaving over hot stoves, and um

Me and my older brother share the same clothes, and um

I remember when you used to say "If I ever go to jail, thats where Ima stay"



But um

You was at every court date

With The Bible in your hand trying to preach me straight and I 

Just wanna tell you thanks

Your baby boy came up and I'm holding rank

And I know Ain't no dollar sign can pay for your bother

But I just wanna tell you that I love you Barbara



Mother - You know you mean the world to me, can't picture living my life without my

Mother -  Your everything I dream to be, there's no way that I could ever forget my 

Mother -  So anything left to say, I hope you hear my heart, they be telling me let it go

Can't Ignore it, So I'm stuck painting this picture of my Family Portrait 



I'm like Eddie Griffen with a Dysfunctional Family 

My nieces and nephews, I love em, that's my family - Yeah

And they loving the kiddo, plus the fact that I'm rapping always helps me a little -Yeah

Cause I remember the days, of running astray, running a trays, thinking of how to get paid 

but all I got was days in court, nights in systems, shop the whole weekend I'm with em,- True

It's funny now they show me they bundles, while we doin Play Station, now they calling me Uncle - See

 So I tell em bout street life as I knew it, we talk about music, they say they love how I do it - Word 

I don' judge em, I love em, mess with em I'll put something hot in anybody for either one of em - Ya Heard

Little Soldier what's poppin today, I still recall the first time I laid eyes on your face

Your Momma brought you into this world, my first born was a baby boy and not a girl 

Now Yellow one kicks in the Jersey, eyes red from purple and hershy 

Hasheem's on the football team, Elamaya's only 2 but her attitude is mean -oooh 

Jahari's (Tek's son) he's the King of the Throne and me, I'm Elameem and I'm Brooklyn's Own 





Mother - You know you mean the world to me, can't picture living my life without my

Mother -  Your everything I dream to be, there's no way that I could ever forget my 

Mother -  So anything left to say, I hope you hear my heart, they be telling me let it go

Can't Ignore it, So I'm stuck


No comments: