Thursday, June 18, 2009

J-Kwon Preps Hood Hop 2.5 for July Release, New Single Louie Bounce Out Now!

After stepping into the indie music scene with the Hood Hop 2 digital project in February, J-Kwon will unleash an entire collection of new music with Gracie Productions/EMI on July 28. The album Hood Hop 2.5 offers 13 original tracks from the St. Louis dynamo, as he offers a remix contest for budding producers and prepares a new online reality show in conjunction with the release.

J-Kwon's new single "Louie Bounce (I Smacked Nikki)" is produced by songwriter J Skillz da Bandman and features emcee Gino Green. The single is a classic J-Kwon smash giving much love to his native St. Louis. Other standout tracks on Hood Hop 2.5 include "Tipsy 09," an update of J-Kwon's smash 2004 hit "Tipsy," and "Do The Stevie" - yet another surefire dance favorite.

Now a vet in the industry at only 23-years-old, J-Kwon enjoyed formidable success while still in high school as a part of Jermaine Dupri's reign at Arista. His rough upbringing gave way to edgy lyrics that became hit songs like "Tipsy," "You & Me" and "Hood Hop" in 2004 and his collaboration with Bow Wow and Jermaine Dupri "Fresh Azimiz" in 2005. A hiatus from the hectic pace of the industry gave J-Kwon fresh insight for his future.

"I am happy to be giving my longtime fans music that excites me," explains J-Kwon. "Hood Hop 2.5 is another chapter of my growth as an artist, and I look forward to giving the my generation what they want. From party songs to lyrics about life - I can do it all. I have a long career ahead of me, and I hope the fans are ready to take this journey with me."

For more information go to www.tygereye.net/jkwon, www.gracieprod.com and www.myspace.com/jkwon

No comments: